I am delighted to share with you very good news. After months of prayer, discussion, and work Trinity School for Ministry announced last night that they have entered into a formal partnership with The Ridley Institute to advance the Christian faith in the Charleston area. I’ve posted the announcement in full below.
As you know, one of our core commitments is to equip every member of St. Andrew’s in the faith by returning theological education to the heart of the local church. Many of you have participated in the various courses we’ve offered. When we launched The Ridley Institute you will remember that we stated three specific aims:
1. We aim to develop men and women in the Christian faith so that they might live distinctively Christian lives in the home, marketplace and social networks of their lives.
2. We aim to develop, equip and send out church planters for the purpose of re-evangelizing our society and transforming our culture with the gospel message.
3. Finally, we have an aim to offer degreed course work so that men and women seeking full-time Christian ministry might be effectively formed by the doctrines of grace and released into ministry.
While the overwhelming majority of our participants are members of St. Andrew’s, we do have students that drive from as far away as Columbia, Beaufort and Myrtle Beach to participate in our school as well as a host of local churches that send their staff and leaders to be trained at our school of theology. In addition to this, we have churches throughout the Carolinas, across the country, as well as far-flung locales such as Australia, Canada, Chile, England, and Kenya asking how they can participate in this theological training. The Lord has clearly given us something that has been a blessing to St. Andrew’s with the potential to be a blessing well beyond the walls of St. Andrew’s.
The Ridley Institute seeks to instill in the hearts of our participants the same passion for the Gospel and Biblical truth that lit the fire of the Anglican Reformation.
You can participate in the Ridley Institute in one of three ways:
1. Participate in the Learner’s Track: Twice a year the Ridley Institute will offer 8-week introductory courses in Theology aimed at the man or woman in the pew. Folks in this track will, over 2-years, participate in our core courses: Biblical Theology, Systematic Theology, Worldview, and the Christian Life. Each evening includes lecture, small group time and a follow-up question and answer time with the lecturer.
2. Take a Certificate in Christian Leadership Course: Our certificate course in Christian Leadership for the Marketplace is an intellectually and spiritually rigorous nine-month course aimed at equipping Marketplace leaders to succeed in business and influence the city with the Gospel. The Certificate for Christian Leadership in the Marketplace takes place over two semesters and will require five hours of on site participation per week. The Certificate in Christian Leadership in the Marketplace consists of:
- Four Core Courses: Biblical Theology, Systematic Theology, Worldview, Spirituality.
- Leadership Training: Intro to Christian Leadership, Leading for Influence in the Marketplace.
- Ministry Experience: Participants will receive real world ministry experience by participating in evangelistic and prayer initiatives of St. Andrew’s.
- Learning Huddle: Each participant will be expected to participate in a Learning Huddle for theological reflection and prayer.
3. Participate in the Master of Arts in Religion: Because of this new partnership with Trinity, students can take classes towards a Master of Arts in Religion degree within a cohort located at the Ridley Institute. Courses will be taught by Trinity’s expert faculty both in person and online. The first class offered will be Introduction to Old Testament with Dr. Erika Moore. The class will begin with two days of teaching on August 28-30, 2014 and will continue throughout the fall.
I hope you share my excitement over the rich and robust development of the adult equipping opportunities offered through The Ridley Institute. More importantly, in the months and years ahead I hope that you will participate in the course offerings so that you might grow wise and deep in your faith.
For His glory,
Trinity School for Ministry to Partner with the Ridley Institute
Trinity School for Ministry is pleased to announce a new partnership with the Ridley Institute at St. Andrew’s Church in Mt. Pleasant, SC. With this new partnership, students can take classes towards a Master of Arts in Religion degree within a cohort located at the Ridley Institute. Courses will be taught by Trinity’s expert faculty both in person and online. The first class offered will be Introduction to Old Testament with Dr. Erika Moore. The class will begin with two days of teaching on August 28-30, 2014 and will continue throughout the fall. Registration is now open via Trinity’s website (www.tsm.edu/RidleyInstitute/register). The course is open to anyone who is interested, membership at St. Andrews is not required.
“We are thrilled by this opportunity to partner with the Ridley Institute” commented the Very. Rev. Dr. Justyn Terry, Trinity’s Dean and President. “Trinity has long desired to make theological education available to people where they are. This partnership will allow people in the Carolinas to have excellent, graduate-level teaching, combined with a community of learning, all without having to relocate.”
“Trinity has a proven track record of producing theologically sharp, mission minded, evangelical Anglicans” Remarked the Rev. Robert Sturdy, Director of the Ridley Institute. “We’re honored by their willingness to bring their expertise in scholarship and ministerial formation to the Ridley Institute where we’re seeking to form the next generation of church leaders for the work of planting and re-missioning Anglican churches in the Reformation tradition.”
The Ridley Institute is a school of theology at St. Andrew’s Church, Mt. Pleasant, SC. The aim of the Ridley Institute is to honor Nicholas Ridley’s dying thought, that through God’s grace his labors and suffering might light a Gospel flame that would never be extinguished. The Institute seeks to spread the flame of the Gospel by recruiting, equipping, and deploying the very finest Christian leaders formed in the Gospel centrality of the Anglican Tradition.
Trinity School for Ministry is an evangelical seminary in the Anglican tradition. Begun in 1976, the seminary has trained more than 1,000 graduates and many others who serve in ministries all over the world. As a global center for Christian formation, Trinity continues to produce outstanding leaders who can plant, renew, and grow churches that make disciples of Jesus Christ.