INFORMATION MEETING THIS SUNDAY, 29 SEPTEMBER, IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE 10.45 SERVICE IN SAMS HALL.
COME TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION
In October of 2010 St. Andrew’s Mount Pleasant had the privilege of planting City Church at the Music Farm in downtown Charleston under the pastoral leadership of Todd Simonis. In a little under three years City Church has grown to over 500 Sunday worshippers! This presents us with a good problem, that being, City Church has outgrown the Music Farm.
Rather than looking for a bigger venue, we have decided that the best way to continue to fulfill our mission to “connect people to the presence and power of Jesus Christ” is to plant more churches. We’re pleased to announce that City Church, a daughter church of St. Andrew’s in Mount Pleasant will be planting in Park Circle in North Charleston.
Dave Libbon, the Director of Youth Ministries here at St. Andrew’s, will take the lead in planting in Park Circle. Many have benefited from Dave’s ministry here at St. Andrew’s and I want to assure you that he will continue to serve as the Youth Ministries Director as we seek to establish ourselves in Park Circle.
Who Can Be a Part of the Team?
Dave will not be able to plant in Park Circle on his own. If you live in the Park Circle area or have an interest in Park Circle I would invite you to prayerfully seek the Lord as to whether or not He may be calling you to be a part of this exciting missionary effort. I want to assure you that if you do decide to join the Park Circle Church Plant Team:
- You will have the same leadership that you currently have in Mt Pleasant.
- You will have the excellent pastoral and discipleship care of our LifeGroups.
- Worship will be very similar to our Wednesday nights and 10.45 Sunday Ministry Center services.
- You will still be connected to St. Andrew’s Mt. Pleasant through a network of events designed to keep the two communities relationally close.
- You will receive excellent training to equip you to reach out to the Park Circle community in exciting and innovative ways.
So what is expected of you? We are asking that all those who wish to join the launch team make a two-year commitment beginning this fall to support the worship and service life of St. Andrew’s Park Circle. After this commitment is fulfilled you may return to St. Andrew’s Mt. Pleasant or remain in Park Circle.
If you would like to find out more, do please contact Dave Libbon (DLibbon@WeAreStAndrews.com) or attend one of two upcoming information meetings:
- September 29th at St. Andrew’s (immediately following 10:45 in Sams Hall)
- October 9th in Park Circle (location TBD).
Please keep this bathed in your prayers. It is an exciting time for St. Andrew’s Mt. Pleasant to partner with our daughter church, St. Andrew’s City Church, to plant another church. Please pray, also, as to whether our Lord is calling you to put your hand to this plow.
For the Kingdom,